Thank you for your interest in joining our research group!
We are always on the lookout for exceptionally bright and eager students to join our team. I supervise MASc and PhD students in Structural and Earthquake Engineering at UBC. I am looking for students who are:
1. passionate about structural and earthquake engineering;
2. good communicators;
3. independent and creative thinkers; and
4. proficient at technical analysis.
Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) positions are limited and competitive. Students who pursue and receive funding through outside scholarships or fellowships greatly increase their likelihood of admission. I keep the team moderately sized so that I can work closely with every student in the group.
If you would like to join our team, please do the following:
1. Review the requirements for the program you are interested and be sure you meet all the criteria.
2. Review our recent work on this website to ensure it aligns with your research interests and goals.
3. Contact me (Carlos Molina Hutt) by email with:
a) A subject line of “CMH Research Group - Prospective Student: [surname]”
b) A brief (1-2 paragraph) statement of your interest and qualifications in the body of the email,
c) A CV (pdf attachment), and
d) A one-paragraph (<250 word) summary of what you see in this figure.
Note that due to countless unsolicited emails from individuals who would like to participate research activities within our group, I am generally unable to acknowledge receipt and/or reply to all emails.